Dr Jake Bishop
Programme director of MSc by Research in Agriculture, Ecology and Environment (2022-)
Module convenor of part 3 and MSc modules Climate Change and Food Systems (AP3A90 and APMA90); Research Methods in and Research Project in Agriculture, Ecology and Environment (APMA110 and APMA111; 2022-) and lecturer on other modules including Crop Physiology, Nutrition and Protection (AP1A29).
Chair of Committee for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, School of Agriculture, Policy & Development
- Arisede Chisaka. Addressing the challenge of combined heat and drought stress for cereal production. Primary supervisor. BBSRC DTP FoodBioSystems CASE with Syngenta.
- Caitlin McLaughlin. Maximising the environmental benefits of gardens through optimal planting choices and understanding of occupants' engagement. Primary supervisor. BBSRC DTP SCENARIO CASE with Royal Horticultural Society.
- Anisa Aubin. An empirical, data driven, model for wheat cultivars and optimisation for future climate scenarios. Co-supervisor. Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board.
Completed PhD Students
- Dr Stuart Edwards. Pests, plants and parasitoids: how does climate variability affect tri-trophic interactions in apple orchards? (2017-2022, Primary Supervisor)
- Dr Richard Gantlett. High biomass rotation and its impacts on soil health, weed burden and crop production (2014-2021, Co-supervisor)
- Dr Caroline Harkness. Optimising agriculture for a changing climate: which farming practices confer stability of food production and farm income? (2018-2022, Primary supervisor)