WELCOMING STUDENTS FROM TAYLOR'S UNIVERSITY
With the 1+2 arrangement between Taylor's University and the University of Reading, you can start your programme at Taylor's University and progress to the University of Reading after one year to complete your studies in one of our 3 programmes (Microbiology/Biological/Biomedical Sciences). After completing the programme, you will receive an award from the University of Reading.
WHAT WILL YOU STUDY?
Complete a year at Taylor's University studying BSc Biomedical Sciences or BSc Biotechnology, and transfer to Year 2 of one of the following programmes at the University of Reading:
To transfer to Year 2 at the University of Reading:
- An average of no less than 55% in all Year 1 modules in the Taylor's programme
- English language requirements: IELTS 6.5 with no less than 6.0 in each band
Apply now to receive a 10% discount on your tuition fees.
WHY STUDY WITH US?
- The School of Biological Sciences is an excellent place to pursue your degree. With courses combining taught modules, field work and research, Reading is a renowned destination for international students.
- Our staff are actively engaged in world-class research tailoring their teaching to reflect changing trends and emerging technologies.
- Study in our new Health and Life Sciences building - a four storey building purpose-built for teaching and research, with excellent lab facilities.
- All of our graduates are highly employable- 92% of leavers were in work and/or study 15 months after the end of their course (Graduate Outcomes Survey 2018/19; First Degree responders from Biological Sciences).
The international student experience
Coming to another country is a big change in your life. It's important to make sure that you are happy in your new home. You will thrive in our lively academic environment developed from cross cultural collaboration and both our students and staff communities are made up of people from all around the globe.
Our team of advisers are available to offer support on issues such as: money matters, visa queries, accommodation and even help with defining words which might be unfamiliar to you. You can also benefit from the Reading University International Mentoring Scheme, matching you with a current student mentor at the University.
The Department is located within our beautiful, award-winning Whiteknights campus, a vibrant community with a wide range of facilities to help you study, have fun and relax. We have a newly refurbished Co-op supermarket on campus in addition to a variety of places to eat, drink and socialise.
Our award-winning Students' Union runs over150 clubs, societies and volunteering activities. In addition, you will have access to the extensive sports facilities on offer. You can also join our strong community of Thai students by joining our popular Reading Thai society.
The University is within walking distance to the town centre and there are also regular buses from campus.
We offer a wide range of accommodation options on or around our main campus.
Find out more
To learn more and find out how to apply, get in touch with us.