- Module Convenor of Contemporary Strategy (PO2COS)
- British Foreign and Defence Policy from 1945 (PO3BFD)
- Module Convenor for NATO Strategy during the after the Cold War (PIM100)
- Co-Director of the Ways of War Centre
- Programme Director for the BA in War, Peace, and International Relations
Areas of interest
Strategy and international relations, Cold War strategy, Napoleonic military and industrial history, British defence policy over the last 200 years.
Postgraduate supervisionMilitary strategy, Cold War strategy, strategic theory and practice, military history.
BackgroundMy career began in IT, then developed into 3D animation for TV historical programmes. I have a life-long interest in military history, particularly the Peninsular War 1808–1814, and the Cold War.
- Diploma in European Humanities
- BA (Hons) History
- Postgraduate Diploma in Humanities
- MA History
- PhD Strategic Studies
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Fellow of the Royal Historical Society (FRHistS)