- Module Convenor of Contemporary Strategy (PO2COS) and British Foreign and Defence Policy from 1945 (PO3BFD)
Areas of interest
Strategy and international relations, Cold War strategy, Napoleonic military and industrial history, British defence policy over the last 200 years.
Postgraduate supervisionMilitary strategy, Cold War strategy, strategic theory and practice, military history.
Research centres and groupsBISA War Studies Working Group
BackgroundMy career began in IT, then developed into 3D animation for TV historical programmes. I have a life-long interest in military history, particularly the Peninsular War 1808–1814, and the Cold War.
- Diploma in European Humanities
- BA (Hons) History
- Postgraduate Diploma in Humanities
- MA History
- PhD Strategic Studies
- White, K. (2019) The key to Lisbon: the third French invasion of Portugal, 1810-11. From Reason to Revolution, 1721-1815 Helion & Company , Solihull. pp 240. ISBN: 9781911628521
- White, K. (2018) The air defence of the UK: defence on a shoestring in an age of uncertainty. From Balloons to Drones
- White, K. (2017) Mearsheimer’s folly: NATO’s Cold War capability and credibility. Infinity Journal , 5 (4). pp. 22-31. ISSN: 2312-5888
- White, K. (2017) Britain’s defence policy and relations with NATO in the period of Flexible Response 1967-1989. In: Lebedeva, O. , (eds.) Public Diplomacy in Russia and Foreign Countries. Aspect Press ISBN: 9785756709346
- White, K. (2017) “Effing” the military: a political misunderstanding of management. Defence Studies , 17 (4). pp. 346-358. ISSN: 1743-9698 | doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14702436.2017.1351879
- White, K. (2016) British defence planning and Britain’s NATO commitment, 1979 – 1985.
- White, K. (2016) Britain’s defence fallacy and NATO. British Army Review , 167 pp. 38-49. ISSN: 0952-4134
- White, K. (2016) On maps and manoeuvres: the challenge of mapping Waterloo. British Journal for Military History , 2 (3). pp. 62-77. ISSN: 2057-0422