- Module Convenor of Contemporary Strategy (PO2COS)
- British Foreign and Defence Policy from 1945 (PO3BFD)
- Module Convenor for NATO Strategy during the after the Cold War (PIM100)
- Co-Director of the Ways of War Centre
- Programme Director for the BA in War, Peace, and International Relations
Areas of interest
Strategy and international relations, Cold War strategy, Napoleonic military and industrial history, British defence policy over the last 200 years.
Postgraduate supervisionMilitary strategy, Cold War strategy, strategic theory and practice, military history.
BackgroundMy career began in IT, then developed into 3D animation for TV historical programmes. I have a life-long interest in military history, particularly the Peninsular War 1808–1814, and the Cold War.
- Diploma in European Humanities
- BA (Hons) History
- Postgraduate Diploma in Humanities
- MA History
- PhD Strategic Studies
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Fellow of the Royal Historical Society (FRHistS)
- White, K. ORCID: 0000-0002-8130-3526 (2023) Lessons learned from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. In: Trachtenberg, D. , (eds.) Lessons Learned from Russia’s Full-Scale Invasion of Ukraine. , 3. Lessons Learned from Russia’s Full-Scale Invasion of Ukraine , 3 (10). pp. 107-115.
- White, K. ORCID: 0000-0002-8130-3526 (2023) The Biden-Harris administration’s national security strategy: a UK/NATO perspective. Expert Commentary on the 2022 National Security Strategy , 3 (2). pp. 113-124.
- White, K. ORCID: 0000-0002-8130-3526 (2022) Efficient and effective? A comparative study of British strategy over two centuries. In: Chau, D. , (eds.) Strategy Matters: Essays in Honor of Colin S. Gray. Air University Press , Alabama. pp. 59-82. ISBN: 9781585663217
- White, K. ORCID: 0000-0002-8130-3526 (2022) The French method of warfare in the Peninsula. In: Griffith, R. , (eds.) The Armies and Enemies of Napoleon, 1789-1815. Helion & Company , Warwick. pp. 158-174. ISBN: 9781915070418
- White, K. ORCID: 0000-0002-8130-3526 (2021) Strategy: theory for practice and the use of history. Comparative Strategy , 40 (2). pp. 133-137. ISSN: 1521-0448 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01495933.2021.1880812
- White, K. (2021) Never ready: NATO's flexible response strategy, 1968-1989. Helion and Company ISBN: 9781914377082
- White, K. (2019) The key to Lisbon: the third French invasion of Portugal, 1810-11. From Reason to Revolution, 1721-1815 Helion & Company , Solihull. pp 240. ISBN: 9781911628521
- White, K. (2018) The air defence of the UK: defence on a shoestring in an age of uncertainty. From Balloons to Drones
- White, K. (2017) Mearsheimer’s folly: NATO’s Cold War capability and credibility. Infinity Journal , 5 (4). pp. 22-31. ISSN: 2312-5888
- White, K. (2017) Britain’s defence policy and relations with NATO in the period of Flexible Response 1967-1989. In: Lebedeva, O. , (eds.) Public Diplomacy in Russia and Foreign Countries. Aspect Press ISBN: 9785756709346
- White, K. (2017) “Effing” the military: a political misunderstanding of management. Defence Studies , 17 (4). pp. 346-358. ISSN: 1743-9698 | doi: https://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14702436.2017.1351879
- White, K. (2016) British defence planning and Britain’s NATO commitment, 1979 – 1985.
- White, K. (2016) Britain’s defence fallacy and NATO. British Army Review , 167 pp. 38-49. ISSN: 0952-4134
- White, K. (2016) On maps and manoeuvres: the challenge of mapping Waterloo. British Journal for Military History , 2 (3). pp. 62-77. ISSN: 2057-0422