Creating lists in Enterprise
Enterprise allows you to add items from the catalogue to a list. You can use this function to keep track of items that are on your reading lists or to compile a list of works on a particular topic.
Adding items to a list
- After conducting a search on Enterprise, check the boxes next to the items that you would like to add to your list. Alternatively, to select all the items in your results, check the box at the top of the list.
- From the "Select an Action" drop-down menu, select "Add to My Lists".
- If you are not logged in, your list will have been saved as a "Temporary List".
- Access your temporary list by clicking on the "My Lists" link in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- If you wish to save your list log in using your University username and password, using the link on the left of the screen.
Creating new lists
Once you have logged in, you will see a "Lists" pane on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click the Add list icon in the top-left corner of the "Lists" pane to create a new list.
- Type in the name of your list, and click on "Create".
- To move items from the Temporary List to a list you have created, check the boxes next to the items and select "Move" from the "Select an Action" drop-down menu. You will be prompted to select the list you would like to move the items to.
Adding more items to your lists
Once you have created some lists, you will be able to save items directly from your search results.
- Log in to Enterprise first using the link at the top of the screen.
- Perform your search.
- Check the boxes next to the items you want to add.
- From the "Select an Action" drop-down menu, select "Add to My Lists" and select the list you want to add them to.
Arranging items in a list
You can arrange the items in a list manually or automatically.
- To arrange by name or by the date when the items were added, use the "Arrange by" drop-down menu on the right-hand side.
- To arrange items manually, click on the rectangular area on the left-hand side of the item. You can now drag and drop the selected item.