Newspapers can be a good source for the latest developments in a field and for current opinion on controversial topics.
Finding online newspaper articles on a topic
The Summon discovery service includes online newspaper articles covered by our many of our subscriptions. Search for a topic and then use the Refine options on the left of the screen to limit your results to 'Newspaper article'. You can also Refine by publication year to see the most recent articles.
Search online newspapers
All of the major British newspapers are available online, although these may not be the exact equivalent of the printed version. Here are a selection of newspaper sources covered by our subscriptions.
- Financial Times - current issues and archives
- FT.com - access to the current issue and an 8 year archive of the Financial Times
- Gale OneFile: News - current issues and archives of local, national and international newspapers worldwide
- ProQuest News & Newspapers - current issues and archives
Look for other online newspapers
These sites offer links to online newspapers and news media.
- The Big Project News Links
- Google news archive - archive of digitised newspapers including foreign language and regional titles (19th century onwards, although not all issues are available)
Printed issues of newspapers are available in the Serials section of the LRC. We subscribe to the following titles:
- The Edge Malaysia - weekly business news
Contact us for additional advice on finding newspaper articles.