During the University examination period, late March to early June, we ask that External borrowers don’t use study spaces.
We provide a variety of study areas to accommodate different ways of studying. Find the right study space for you.
There are specific areas where groups can discuss their work.
- Ground Floor - including a table giving priority for those with children, see our family facilities page for more information.
- 1st Floor - this PC area also has eight bookable group study rooms for groups of 2 or more people. They may be used on a first-come first-served basis when not booked. Book a group study room here. Please see our group study room booking guide for further assistance.
- 2nd Floor - group study area and pods
- 4th Floor - group study area and pods
Individual, quiet study space
Many of the study spaces in the Library are intended for individual, quiet study.
- Ground Floor - quiet study and Holds area
- 2nd Floor - desks around the outside of the book shelves
- 3rd Floor - this whole floor is for quiet study
- 4th Floor - desks around the outside of the book shelves
If you want to work in silence make your way to the 5th Floor. There are also some PCs on this floor.
Study areas with PCs
There is a large area on the 1st Floor with PCs. There are also some PCs in the silent study area on the 5th Floor.
Watch our brief video intro to Library study areas
If you are unable to view this video on YouTube it is also available on YuJa - view the find your favourite study space video on YuJa (University username and password required)
Explore other study space on campus
Can't find a space? There are other study spaces available on campus