Code of Conduct
What we expect from you...
- Be considerate of other Library users – respect the rights of others to work quietly or silently:
- keep noise to a minimum in quiet study areas, and maintain silence in the silent study areas;
- ensure your mobile phone is in silent, non-vibration mode or switched off when you enter the Library - if you wish to make or receive a call go to the lift lobbies or café .
- Apart from non-alcoholic drinks in lidded containers, do not eat, or drink in the Library (except in the café); you will be asked to remove any food or unlidded drinks on your desk. Food may only be consumed within the Library café.
- Observe the rules and regulations concerning the appropriate use of IT.
- Library materials belong to everyone and you should treat them with respect. Do not write, highlight or underline in books, or deface them in any way.
- Consider others - share Library materials and spaces for the benefit of all.
- Treat Library staff with courtesy.
What we will do for you...
- Help you find the information you need for your work – from books, journals, databases, the Internet or other sources.
- Show you how to use the Library catalogue, and other online information systems.
- Help you develop information handling skills you need for lifelong learning.
- Help you to develop more effective study practices with access to a wide range of guides and individual advice from professional study advisers.
- Provide help in using Library facilities.
- Provide space for you to work silently, quietly and in groups.
- Respond to your enquiries and comments.
- Treat you with courtesy.
Updated June 2019