Sameer Khalil Ghawi
- Food Technologist, Food Processing Centre
- PhD in food processing, the University of Reading, UK 2009-2012.
- MSc in advanced manufacturing system, Brunel University, UK 2007-2008.
- Higher Diploma, Manufacturing technologies, Aleppo University, Aleppo, Syria 2002-2004.
- BSc Mechanical Engineering (Production & Design), Aleppo University, Aleppo, Syria 1997-2002.
- Advanced manufacturing systems of food products
- High pressure processing of food products
- Myrosinase/Glucosinolates system in Brassica vegetables
- Deep fat frying
- Energy recovery in food system
Sameer joined the University of Reading in August 2015. As a post-doctoral researcher, he worked closely with industry on a number of projects. Sameer has a considerable expertise in engineering, design and manufacturing (BSc, higher diploma and MSc degrees).