Put simply, the training and development aspect of the RED Award is to improve your skills portfolio. There are a large variety of workshops run by the university and RUSU to choose from but you must make sure that the Training and Development you choose is relevant towards your own development.
Some training that you may undertake for a paid role or voluntary scheme within the university or Students’ Union will also count towards your training and development hours. So if you become a STaR Mentor, Course Representative, or take part in the UROP scheme, you will already be well on your way to completing your five hours of Training and Development.
Please note, a minimum of two of your five training and development hours must be completed through attending Careers workshops. You can find Careers workshops on MyJobsOnline.
Example workshops you could attend
- Careers: CV Workshop, How to Find a Part-Time Job, Online Applications. Can be found via: MyJobsOnline
- Life Tools: Stop Procrastination, How to Get a Good Night’s Sleep, Introduction to Mindfulness. Can be found via: Life Tools
- Maths Support: Fractions: Help With all the Basic Rules, Logs: Understanding How They Work, Psychometric Tests: Help with Numerical Questions. Can be found via: Maths Support
- Study Advice: How to Think, Read & Write Critically, Getting Through Your Reading. Can be found via: Study Advice
University online training
Some online training may also be applicable for the award. Examples include:
- Blackbullion: Free money management training.
- Career Smart: Careers course to support students entering their final year.
- LinkedIn Learning: Variety of courses available. See our recommended LinkedIn Learning courses
- Where to find other online courses
*Completed some training but unsure if it can count towards the award? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know.
Providing evidence of your activity
When recording your hours through the MyJobsOnline Pathway you will need to provide evidence of your completed hours. In this area the following may be suitable evidence:
- A screenshot of your MyJobsOnline profile showing ‘Attended’ sessions
- Emails confirming your attendance at workshops/training
- Screenshots from webinars/online events (screenshots should be taken at the beginning/end of the session)