Live on or near the campus with other students, while you take the Pre-sessional English (PSE) programme at Reading.
Our halls of residence offer a comfortable place to live and relax, situated close to your classrooms and other University facilities.
Your accommodation will depend on whether you join us during the academic year (study blocks PSE1, PSE2 and PSE3) or over the summer months (study blocks PSE4, PSE5 and PSE6).
PSE1, PSE2 and PSE3
If you are joining study blocks PSE1, PSE2 or PSE3, you will be able to apply for your choice of University accommodation after you accept your offer to study.
Our Admissions team will send you an email explaining how to apply through the RISIS portal.
PSE4, PSE5 and PSE6
If you are starting a study block in June or July 2018 (PSE4, PSE5 or PSE6), we will automatically book your accommodation for you as soon as you accept your offer to study.
Your accommodation will be booked as an extra cost (see accommodation costs below) and you must pay a £250 deposit immediately.
Your room will be ready for you when you arrive, so you will not need to book accommodation elsewhere.
As a student on the PSE programme, you will be offered accommodation that includes:
- a study bedroom – with a single bed and mattress; mattress protector; desk and chair; bookshelves; desk lighting; wardrobe and chest of drawers
- an en-suite bathroom – with a shower, toilet and hand basin
- a shared kitchen – with induction hobs and an oven; a microwave; a fridge and freezer; storage space; kettle and toaster
- a laundrette – with washing machine and tumble dryers (available for use at a low cost).
You will also benefit from:
- Wi-Fi – with unlimited access to the University network via your own computer, once you have enrolled
- 24-hour halls security team, maintenance team and halls hotline
- a cleaning service – providing weekly cleaning of the kitchen and communal areas.
Please note that you will have to bring your own:
- bedding (bed sheets, pillows, duvet etc)
- crockery, pans and kitchen utensils.
Kitchens are shared between six to nine residents in the flat.
Room costs and deposit
Rooms cost £143.50 per week.
You will need to pay a deposit of £250 to secure your room. Please note:
- once you accept your offer to study at the University of Reading, we will charge the deposit to your student account
- you need to pay the deposit before you arrive at Reading
- payment of this deposit will be taken as acceptance of the Residency Terms and Conditions (see below for more details)
- after you have moved in, the deposit money will be used as a first instalment towards rent.
You can pay your deposit via our student payments website.
If you are unable to come on your Pre-Sessional English course due to visa issues, we will refund your £250 in full.
|Study block||Arrival & departure dates||Amount|
Terms and conditions
We strongly advise that you read the student residence agreement and related terms and conditions, before accepting your offer to study on the PSE programme. Payment of the deposit or accepting the keys to the accommodation (whichever happens first) will be taken as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Costs are subject to change on an annual basis.
Find out about living costs and budgeting.
Find out how you can apply for the Pre-sessional English programme at Reading.