University of Reading cookie policy

We use cookies on to improve your experience, monitor site performance and tailor content to you

Read our cookie policy to find out how to manage your cookie settings

We're here to help!

Have a question? Not sure where to turn for support? Want to give feedback about modules or programmes? We want to hear from you!

Both the University and the School of Politics, Economics, and International Relations have a range of resources, sources of support, and ways to ask questions and provide feedback anonymously or confidentially for students.

Please download this guide for details about who to contact for help with a variety of issues.

Universities use a lot of terms and words you may not have encountered before, so we’ve put together a jargon buster to help you navigate them. You can download it here. And of course, never hesitate to just ask!

University support for student parents

Students with Parental Responsibilities policy 

Accommodation guidance for families and couples

Information on advice for moving to Reading with a family is available on the Doctoral and Researcher College's website.

Health, wellbeing and additional support for PhD students

The Doctoral and Researcher College website contains links to information on additional support for graduate students including health and wellbeing, the disability advisory service, local medical services, study advice, the library, careers, and the Reading University Students Union.

Within the School, PhD students have annual meetings with the PGR director to discuss pastoral and career support options.

Athena SWAN Bronze Award logo