BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship) with Study Year Abroad
Find out how we're adapting during COVID-19.
Develop the skills to become a successful entrepreneur in the rapidly changing world of business – and broaden your skills and experience by studying overseas – with our BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship) with Study Year Abroad degree.
This four-year programme, taught by experts from Henley Business School, combines the rigour of a management degree with the creative spirit of entrepreneurship. You’ll gain the expertise to embark on your own business venture, with modules covering opportunity recognition and evaluation, financing, “growth-hacking”, and resource management. You’ll enrich this learning and broaden your life experience with an integrated Study Year Abroad.
Your studies will provide:
- a solid foundation in business, marketing, and entrepreneurial finance
- practical entrepreneurial techniques, including lean start-up, business model generation, and design thinking
- hands-on experience in business development and sales
- the ability to manage and direct yourself as an entrepreneur
- the opportunity to create a business idea through the Entrepreneurial Project module.
In your final year, you will also have the option to run your own business with support and mentorship from the Henley Centre for Entrepreneurship.
Throughout your degree, you will also study the core disciplines that underpin business – including economics, psychology and sociology – and explore theories and concepts such as:
- international strategy
- organisational behaviour
- data analytics
- human resource management
You’ll learn through a combination of lectures, seminars, practical workshops, and self-guided study. This will provide the opportunity to discuss subject materials in an in-depth way with your lecturers and fellow students.
Choose BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship) with Study Year Abroad at Henley Business School
- Ranked 6th for graduate prospects in Business, Management & Marketing in the Guardian University Guide, 2020.
- Triple-accredited status from the UK, European and US accrediting bodies (AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB).
Flexible study options
After the first year of your BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship) with Study Year Abroad degree, you will have the option to transfer to any of our other specialist pathways:
- BSc Business and Management (Accounting)
- BSc Business and Management (Data Analytics and Digital Business)
- BSc Business and Management (Marketing)
- BSc International Business and Management
- International Business and Management with a Modern Language
Alternatively, you could transfer onto the more general BSc Business and Management where you’ll be offered a wide range of options in your second and final years – allowing you to tailor your learning to your individual interests.
We also offer two other variations of this course: BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship), a three-year course; and BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship) with Placement Year, a four-year course with a year spent on work placement instead of abroad.
Study Year Abroad
In your third year, you’ll have the opportunity to continue your studies at one of our overseas partner universities.
We’ll help you decide where to go and for how long, guide you through the application process, and support you when you’re abroad.
To find out more about the benefits of studying abroad, and discover where you could go, visit the Study Abroad website.
A focus on enterprise with BSc Business and Management (Entrepreneurship) with Study Year Abroad
In addition to having a year abroad on your CV, we work hard to ensure that the personal skills required to secure, and succeed in, future roles are embedded into the curriculum.
Alongside your business acumen, our focus on self-development aims to prepare you for the external market – from internships and placements to full-time employment.
You’ll also be encouraged to enhance your knowledge and skills through a variety of extra-curricular opportunities, offered by the Henley Centre for Entrepreneurship and the Student Entrepreneurship Society.