Placing & cancelling a hold
Placing a hold
You can place a hold on (reserve) books using Enterprise.
- Search for the item on the catalogue.
- Click on the Place hold button on the right-hand-side of the display.
- If you haven't already logged in to Enterprise you will prompted to do so.
- University members enter your University username and password.
- External borrowers enter your Library number and PIN (contact us if you need a PIN reminder)
- Click on the Place Hold(s) button
- You can only have five holds at a time.
- Please cancel your hold if you no longer need a book - other people might be waiting for it (see instructions below)
Collecting your hold
You will be notified by email when your hold is available for collection. You can also check your account in Enterprise to see if your hold is ready.
You can collect your items, 10:00 – 17:00 Monday to Friday from the Click & Collect area (please use the entrance at the side of the Library opposite Palmer) . Remember to bring your Campus Card - you'll be unable to collect your items without it. We’ll keep your items available for up to five days.
Please do not come to the Library unless you've had email confirmation that your holds are ready to collect.
When you arrive at the Library to collect your items please follow social distancing guidelines and instructions from Library staff.
Cancelling a hold
It is possible to cancel your holds through the My Account option on Enterprise. Login to your account using the direct link on the Library homepage. Or login via Enterprise by following the steps below.
- Click on the My account option at the top of the screen.
- University members should enter their University username and password.
- External borrowers enter their Library number and PIN (contact us if you need a PIN reminder).
- The Account Summary screen will appear. Click on the "Holds" tab.
- In your holds list, click in the check box next to the title you want to cancel.
- Click on "Cancel hold(s)"
If a hold you want to cancel is showing as "available", please do not cancel the hold in this way. Just contact the Library and staff will cancel the hold for you.
Back to Help using Enterprise