E-journals Finder searching tips
This searches the titles of journals not their content. There are four search options:
Title begins with
Enter two or more letters to see a list of titles starting with those letters. Initial articles (eg the, a, an, etc) are ignored.
- Example: enter educat to find titles that begin with those letters eg Education in chemistry, Educational philosophy and theory
This option will also search alternative titles eg when a journal has changed name, it will search for all variants of the title
Enter the exact title. Use this option for one word titles.
- Example: enter nature to find Nature
Title contains all words
Enter one or more words in any order to find all titles containing those words. Use the asterisk * to search for partial words
- Example: enter review* biolog* to find Annual review of plant biology and Biological reviews of the Cambridge Philosophical Society
Note: this option does not search for alternative titles eg when a journal has changed name. It will only find the current form of name.
Find a specific title by entering its print or electronic ISSN. Enter with or without a hyphen.
- Example: enter 0927-5371 to find Labour economics
Browse by title
Click on the numbers or letters to browse an A-Z list of e-journals.
Browse by subject
Pick a subject from the list and click on Search to see a list of more detailed subjects. Next to each subject is the number of titles covering that topic. Select the subject to view the list of titles.
- Example: select Health & Biological Sciences, select Microscopy to see a list of e-journals covering microscopy.