Placing & cancelling a hold
Placing a hold
You can place a hold on (reserve) books that are on loan to other people using login via Enterprise.
- Search for the item on the catalogue.
- If all the copies are on loan click on the Place hold button on the right-hand-side of the display.
- If you haven't already logged in to Enterprise you will prompted to do so.
- University members enter your University username and password.
- External borrowers enter your Library number and PIN (contact us if you need a PIN reminder)
- Click on the Place Hold(s) button
- You can only have five holds at a time.
- Please cancel your hold if you no longer need a book - other people might be waiting for it (see instructions below)
Collecting your hold
You will be notified by email when your hold is available for collection. You can also check your account in Enterprise to see if your hold is available.
Collect your item from the "Holds" shelves on the Ground Floor, Quiet study and Holds area:
- All holds will be shelved in Call Number order. All sizes of books will be shelved together.
- If there are multiple copies of the book on the 'Holds' shelf simply take the copy under your Campus Card number (the number in the bottom right-hand corner of your Campus Card).
Once you have found your hold, borrow it using the Self-Service Machines in the quiet study area - you must issue your hold before leaving the area.
We will keep the item for five days for you to collect.
Cancelling a hold
It is possible to cancel your holds through the My Account option on Enterprise. Login to your account using the direct link on the Library homepage. Or login via Enterprise by following the steps below.
- Click on the My account option at the top of the screen.
- University members login via Enterprise and enter their University username and password.
- External borrowers go to login for External Borrowers and enter their Library number and PIN (contact us if you need a PIN reminder).
- The Account Summary screen will appear. Click on the "Holds" tab.
- In your holds list, click in the check box next to the title you want to cancel.
- Click on "Cancel hold(s)"
If a hold you want to cancel is showing as "available", please do not cancel the hold in this way. Just contact the Library and staff will cancel the hold for you.
Watch our video on placing, checking and cancelling holds
If you are unable to view this video on YouTube it is also available on YuJa - view the Placing, collecting and cancelling a hold video on YuJa (University username and password required)
Back to Help using Enterprise