Extra services we offer
In addition to our cleaning servicing we also offer a number of extra services. These services are chargeable, but our rates are highly competitive and we will happily provide you with a quote.
Extra services include:
- Carpet cleaning
- Deep cleans
- Fridges and microwaves at £5 charge per item
- Contract Cleaning
- Hard floor stripping and resealing
- Conference cleaning
- Events (before and after cleaning)
- Out of hours cleaning
You can book extra services through the Help Desk
We are able to offer a number of cleaning supplies including additional rubbish bags, hand sanitizer. To order supplies, please contact us directly on +44 (0)118 378 8415 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Service||Level of Service|
Response Times Whiteknights
We Will: Answer all incoming calls within 6 rings, after this the call will be diverted to the Supervisors office and if no response onto voice mail.
Respond to voice mails within 1 hour, during Cleaning working hours 0530 - 1400 & 1700 - 1900.
Check our email account at 2hr intervals for new messages within working hours as above.
Provide prompt response and deal with all enquires within 3 hours during working hours as above.
Provide emergency out of working hour's answering service via Security Control.
Our professional and pro-active approach enables us to keep an independent service within the University.
Principle Service Provision
All cleaning staff are required to undertake, BICs training, Manual Handling, fire training. COSHH training, with refresher training to be carried out on an annual basis.
4. Periodic/Additional Cleaning.
If you require any extra cleaning which is more than the specified level for your area, please contact us on email@example.com or Ext. 8415.
Periodic or spring cleans are carried out on request, these are additional to those listed above.
Floor work procedures will be performed "outside of core cleaning hours" at a pre-agreed date and time by in-house staff.
To request a periodic clean please contact the Help Desk on Ext 7000 and request a WREN to be raised with the following information: Building name, Department, room number and Project code. Details can then be agreed and costs will be recharged to your department on the completion of the work.
Kitchen appliances, such as microwaves, fridges etc. can be cleaned at an additional cost and requested through the Help Desk on Ext 7000.
To request cleaning for conference and events please contact the Help Desk on Ext 7000 and request a WREN to be raised with the following information: Building name, Department, room number and Project code. Details can then be agreed and costs will be recharged to your department on the completion of the work. Please also remember that you may need additional cleaning services after your event, as the venue will be required for teaching or other events.
5. Waste Management
General waste is collected 3 times a week from classrooms, lecture theatres, teaching Laboratories, kitchens and toilets by cleaning staff.
If you have an office clear out or move and you have a large amount of heavy waste please contact the porters on Ext 8417 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to request plastic bags to dispose of large amounts of waste, please contact us on Ext 8976 or email@example.com
The Cleaning Department provides the following types of bags to Departments:
Black Bags - General waste
Clear Bags - Recyclable waste
6. Areas NOT covered by Cleaning Services Service Level Agreement
- External cleaning
- Stores and workshops
- Window cleaning: Please contact Clean & Green on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Removal of heavy rubbish: Please request Porter assistance by contacting Porters on email@example.com or Ext 8417
- Removal of confidential waste: Please contact Porters on firstname.lastname@example.org or Ext 8417
- Laboratory bins by hand wash basins which contain gloves and experimental utensils will not be emptied by cleaning staff and will be reported to Health and Safety.
- Individual desk bins will NOT be emptied
- Cleaning staff will not fill or empty dishwashers or carry out washing up.
Although we do not remove large amounts of shredding, we will be happy to assist with one or two bags. Any larger amounts: Please contact Porters on email@example.com or Ext 8417.
Where additional resources are required to meet specific demand and areas or toilets are left in an unacceptable condition it may be necessary to increase resource to cope with demand.
This may result in an additional cost and charges may apply.
- Meet the team responsible for keeping University buildings clean and tidy
- Find out about our extra services and how much we charge
- Need to dispose of large or bulky waste? Visit the portering services site.