The Support Centres are your first port of call for all questions, help or advice throughout your time at the University, providing you with the support you need to be successful in your studies and beyond.
The Centres are staffed by Student Support Coordinators who are able to advise you or point you in the right direction for a range of academic and non-academic issues, including:
- Module and programme advice
- Timetable queries
- Coursework and exams queries
- Exceptional Circumstances
- Financial support (initial conversation and possible direction to a specialist team)
- Disability assistance
- Placements (you will be directed to a Placement Coordinator)
- Welfare and wellbeing (initial conversation and possible direction to a specialist team)
- Transfers, suspensions and withdrawals
- Academic Engagement
- Appeals and complaints
- Academic study support
Ask a Question is the main method for your Support Centre or Student Support Coordinator. Please do not send multiple, duplicate enquiries as there is currently a large volume of enquiries and sending multiple messages slows the speed of response further.
You can telephone between 10:00 - 17:00 each day, Monday to Friday. Please see the information provided with the Support Centre locations for details of when you can visit to speak with a Student Support Coordinator in person.
If you wish to speak with a specific Student Support Coordinator please telephone or use Ask a Question to check their availability and arrange an appointment.