Statement of learner responsibilities:
In compliance with University rules and regulations, we expect you to:
- comply with the University Charter, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations as set out in the University Calendar.
- satisfy all formal assessment requirements, including attendance at examinations.
- comply with the University regulations on acceptable behaviour
- ensure that the University is informed of changes to enrollment or other personal circumstances
- use the student email account as the 'official' method of communication between the University and students
- act responsibly and with due regard for the health and safety of others
- act responsibly with due regard for the learning environment and for University property.
- ensure that you see your Academic Tutor at least once per term. To actively set agendas for your meetings with your Academic Tutor and to reflect on your learning development
- take the initiative in seeking information, advice and support if you have a particular problem or issue. Please see Essentials Learning Support
- attend lectures punctually, seminars, practicals, fieldwork and tutorials as required
- participate appropriately in all classes
- complete and submit all written or practical coursework on time
- provide reasons and, if necessary, supporting documentation for absences or missed deadlines
- ensure that you achieve a balance between academic work and other activities and, whilst studying full-time, not normally undertake more than 20 hours of paid employment per week during term-time 1
- respond to evaluation questionnaires or other requests for information and student opinion
- check your student email account daily during term and respond promptly to enquiries and messages received. Your student number should be included in all communication with the University
- routinely check Blackboard, your student timetable, physical noticeboards in schools and any other means of communication which the University uses to engage with you.
If you are unclear as to the amount of time you can work, please contact email@example.com for free and confidential immigration advice).