The Support Centres are your first port of call for all questions, help or advice throughout your time at the University, providing you with the support you need to be successful in your studies and beyond.
The Centres are staffed by Student Support Coordinators who are able to advise you or point you in the right direction for a range of academic and non-academic issues, including:
- Module and programme advice
- Timetable queries
- Coursework and exams queries
- Extenuating circumstances
- Financial support (initial conversation and possible direction to a specialist team)
- Disability assistance
- Placements (you will be directed to a Placement Coordinator)
- Welfare and wellbeing (initial conversation and possible direction to a specialist team)
- Transfers, suspensions and withdrawals
- Academic Engagement
- Appeals and complaints
- Academic study support
Student Support Coordinators
In your Support Centre, Student Support Coordinators are ready and waiting to assist you. Each School has a dedicated Student Support Coordinator who you should refer to about any School or course-specific issues.
You can contact your Student Support Coordinator by logging on to RISIS and clicking on 'Ask a Question'. You can telephone your Support Centre between 10am and 4pm each day, Monday to Friday. Please see the Support Centre locations for arrangements for meeting your Student Support Coordinators on campus or contact them via Ask a Question to arrange an appointment.
The service provided by the Support Centres is offered in addition to support given by academic members of staff, your Academic Tutor and the Student Services teams based in the Carrington building.
Support Centre locations
There are five Support Centres located across the Whiteknights and London Road campuses:
- Edith Morley, building foyer – open 10am-12 noon and 1-4pm each day, Monday to Friday - supports School of the Built Environment (SBE), School of Humanities (HUMS), School of Politics, Economics and International Relations (SPEIR), and School of Literature and Languages (SLL)
- JJ Thomson, building foyer – open 10am-12 noon and 1-4pm each day, Monday to Friday – supports School of Mathematical, Physical and Computational Sciences (SMPCS), School of Biological Sciences (SBS), School of Chemistry, Food and Pharmacy (SCFP), and School of Archaeology, Geography and Environmental Sciences (SAGES)
- Earley Gate, Agriculture building foyer – open 10am-12 noon and 1-4pm each day, Monday to Friday – supports School of Agriculture, Policy and Development (SAPD), School of Art and Communication Design (SACD), and School of Psychology and Clinical Language Sciences (SPCLS)
- London Road, building 16 – please contact your Student Support Coordinator via Ask a Question or telephone to make an appointment – supports Institute of Education (IoE) and School of Built Environment (Architecture)
- Foxhill House, building foyer – open 10am-12 noon and 1-4pm, Monday, Wednesday and Friday – supports School of Law
- Henley Business School building helpdesk and ICMA building helpdesk - If you're a Henley Business School student, please visit your helpdesk.
You can use our campus maps to help you find the building you need.
Each Support Centre is assigned to support a number of Schools, however you can visit any of the five locations for assistance depending on which is most convenient for you.
Pre-sessional English or International Foundation Programme students
Please visit the ISLI Admin Office (room 224 in the Edith Morley building) for any support or queries.
Postgraduate research students
Support for postgraduate research students is provided by the Graduate School.