Study in the Library
Alternative study space
You are welcome to use informal study spaces in communal areas of buildings across campus, such as the Hopkins Foyer and Edith Morley Foyer
- Palmer foyer and mezzanine
- Edith Morley Café/ Foyer and Van Emden mezzanine area
- Edith Morley Tower staircase lobby’s
- Hopkins Foyer
- JJT foyer and landings
- Agriculture Foyer and café
- Agriculture Upper First Floor, Lower Second floor and Third Floor
- Chancellors lobby
- Miller GO5 lobby
- Archaeology Foyer
- ICMA foyer and landing area
- HBS Foyer and Lobby 211
- Chemistry Lobby area
- Meteorology Foyer and café area
- HLS café area
- Study@URS additional study spaces are available in Study@URS access, Monday to Friday 08:00 – 18:00 during term time
Directions for out of hours access:
- Palmer G09 - swipe card door to the left of the entrance to Palmer
- Agriculture GL20 - Swipe card door to the right of Agriculture main entrance, around to the rear of the Lecture Theatre building
- Meteorology GL68 - swipe card access at the rear of the building facing Agriculture.
- L14 open study space
- Agriculture Old Library foyer
- HLS Café Foyer
Quiet study options
You can use empty teaching rooms for quiet study, with the understanding they must vacate if someone with a formal room booking arrives. The booking schedule of each central teaching room is displayed on the door of each room, this will inform you how long the room will remain unoccupied.
Group study options
It is also possible for students to book teaching rooms for course related activities (group/project work, revision, presentation practice etc.), for hours between 9:00 – 18:00, Mon – Fri.
Please be aware that, during busier times there is limited availability on campus, so it may not always be possible to complete your request.
Please allow as much notice as possible for your booking request as it may not always be possible to complete requests for sessions on the same or next day.
Access campus maps via the UoR student app to help you to get around campus with ease.