The following pages contain useful information to support your visa application from outside of the UK. Please read them carefully and if you have any questions contact the International Student Advisory Team.
- Requirements for a Student visa application (from outside UK)
- Maintenance Requirements
- Credibility interview advice for Students
- Translation requirements for visa applications
Dependants for Students
Short-term study (English language only)
- Visitor visa (study up to 6 months + distance learning)
- Applying for a Visitor Visa for your friends or family
Alternative Collection Location (ACL) code
If you are applying to study at the University of Reading for longer than 6 months, you will be issued with a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP). You can collect your BRP card from the University of Reading using our ACL code. Our ACL Code is written on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) statement to use in your Student visa application or on your invitation letter to support your Short-term study visa application from outside the UK.
If you are applying for a Student visa and you are bringing dependants, you can also collect their BRPs from the University if you use our ACL code in their visa applications.