Careers and Placements Fair
12-15 October 2021
The Careers and Placements Fair is the largest event in our calendar and attracts students from all disciplines and years. This is the main opportunity to advertise your graduate jobs, schemes, and placements to all students.
We are a global University that enjoys a world-class reputation for teaching, research and enterprise. Entry requirements for the vast majority of first degree programmes are A-levels at A or B grade. See a full list of the courses offered at Reading.
The fair will run virtually and there will be two main elements to the event:
- Students will be able to book 10-minute telephone appointments with you between 10:00-16:00 on 15 October. They will be able to book these via our app, Career Fair Plus. When booking appointments, students will be asked to give some detail regarding what they want to talk about and provide a telephone number. We recommend having one staff member available for the calls. Schedules can be adjusted around availability.
- Employer webinars/panels and Q&A These will last up to 60 minutes. They will be supported by a dedicated webinar assistant. Employer webinars will be scheduled between 12- 14 October. Please provide your full availability to allow us to create a suitable programme of events, we will consider evening sessions too. Training will be provided for our webinar platform which is very straightforward to use.
Prices are graded from £250 to £1000 (excl. VAT) to meet your particular budget. We are delighted to offer the following packages:
Silver package (£250):
- 1:1 Employer Chats (telephone/video appointment booking system on Career Fair Plus).
- Your employer profile on Career Fair Plus.
- Be a panellist in a sector webinar, talk about your organisation and opportunities with Q&A at the end.
- The panel recording will be added to our event website post-event for students to access.
Gold package (£400):
Silver package plus...
- Choice of being part of a sector panel or hosting your own webinar.
- Your company specifically named and promoted in pre-event bespoke email marketing. You specify a target group up to 1000 students.
- A targeted email after the fair to identified cohort including your webinar recording.
- Outreach stand on campus on a non-fair date (if in line with government advice at the time).
- Your organisation’s banner ad on the app, highlighting your organisation in the employer list.
Platinum package (£1000): *Limited to 4 organisations*
Gold package plus...
- Being a featured employer on the Career Fair Plus app. Your organisation is pinned at top of the app on a rotational basis (maximum 5 rotations).
- Your company’s logo will be on our marketing materials including event digital banner, the Careers webpage, staff email signatures.
- An additional webinar or workshop in the Spring term about your organisation.
- An employability skills session run by you for our students on a non-fair date.
- A blog post written by your organisation on our careers site.
- You will be named as event sponsors on our website and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- You can feature in our prepare for the fair video for students.
Free Silver spaces are given at the discretion of the careers centre for charities or not-for-profit organisations, but will be subject to a £50 cancellation fee within 2 weeks of the event. Please request if this applies to be considered.
If you would like to request a space at the fair, please follow the steps below using our online portal, MyJobsOnline.
- If your organisation is already registered on MyJobsOnline, please log in and complete the booking request form.
- If your organisation is not registered on MyJobsOnline, or you do not know the log in details, please register first. Your organisation will be approved by a member of the Careers team, after which you will need to complete the booking request form.
Please complete the booking request form by no later than Monday 13 September 2021. Early booking is advised to secure your space and bookings will be closed when we reach capacity.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or telephone 0118 378 8359.