Looking for a room next year – why not live in halls?
Applications for the 2024-25 are currently open for all current full-time continuing University of Reading students. You can apply individually or as part of a group. Applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
What halls are available?
There are so many reasons to choose university halls - with our all-inclusive rent (utilities and Wi-Fi) there’s no unexpected bills, plus the convenient location - on or around the Whiteknights campus - means you’re in the best place to access all the university's study, social and leisure facilities.
All our accommodation is safe and secure with 24/7 CCTV and regular mobile foot and security patrols, as well as our dedicated and experienced team of live-in Wardens offering welfare support and pastoral care, so there’s always a friendly face to talk to if you need help or advice. There’s also the Halls Hotline service available 24/7 to deal with all hall-related issues quickly and efficiently, so whatever you need, they’ll be there to help.
Please add any specific requests or relevant information to the 'further notes' section at the end of the application. For any urgent queries, please contact the Accommodation Office via email@example.com.
Don’t forget about all the amazing benefits you get with all University accommodation…
- Fixed prices - all of our rents are inclusive (utilities and Wi-Fi) so there are no unexpected bills to pay plus your bills and rent will be fixed so you won’t face any price increases
- Great locations on campus - you’ll be living directly on campus giving you access to all the University study, social and leisure facilities and that extra 30 mins in bed before morning lectures
- Safe and Secure - your accommodation is monitored by 24/7 CCTV and regular security patrols
- 40 & 51 Week Licence Available - Book a 51 Week licence and stay in the same room over summer
- Resident Events - you’ll have access to our regular events through our Home at Halls programme
- Regular Cleaning - we take care of the cleaning of all communal areas – so you don’t have to
- 24/7 Support - you’ll have 24/7 access to our Halls Hotline service to deal with all of your halls related issues
How to apply
During the application process it is very important you pay close attention to your emails to ensure you meet all deadlines. All deadlines are final and non-moveable. It’s also worth keeping an eye on your junk email folder in case the emails inadvertently get directed there.
- Go to the RISIS web portal
- Click ‘Actions’ from the top menu
- Select ‘Accommodation’ from the drop-down list
- Click on the link ‘Connect to Accommodation Online’ to take you to the Returner Individual application form
Can I stay in my current room?
It will be unlikely you stay in your current room. You should be prepared to move to a new room if you are made a new offer of accommodation for next academic year.
For students currently with a 51-week contract, if you would like to book the same room for next year, please let us know in the free text comments in your application.
Will I get my first preference for a room?
We try our hardest to allocate rooms to students based on their first preference; however, this is not always possible. That’s why we ask you to pick a minimum of five choices with the more choices you make, the better we’re able to meet your requirements.
If you are not satisfied with your accommodation offer, please discuss this with the Accommodation Office first, before rejecting your offer.
What if I have special requirements?
Students registered with the DAS team who require a room in halls for the next academic year should apply between the same dates.
What if I am coming back as a Postgraduate student and am currently an Undergraduate?
If you are currently studying as an Undergraduate but would like to apply for accommodation for your new Postgraduate course, then please apply for accommodation via the ‘New Postgraduate’ pathway, not the returner pathway. The Accommodation Guarantee will apply to you as you are a ‘new postgraduate’. Visit our dedicated page on applying for university accommodation for more information.
Please state within the notes section your requirements and that you are registered with DAS.
Study Abroad/ Erasmus
Please apply as normal and state within the notes section you are considering applying to Study Abroad. If you accept a full year Study Abroad, you may cancel before 31st July. You will be required to provide evidence of this from Study Abroad.
If you are coming to Reading as a Study Abroad or Erasmus student for one term only, you should apply as a new student using the Study Abroad pathway.
Please apply as normal and state within the notes section you are considering applying for a Placement. If you accept a full year Placement, you may cancel before 31st July. You will be required to provide evidence of this from your Placement Coordinator.