Our undergraduate course
Our undergraduate course will bring creative exploration and intellectual enterprise to your passion for design. It's for anyone who wants to apply their visual abilities and scholarly strengths to the challenges of graphic communication.
We welcome students who have studied a diverse range of subjects: Art and Design, History, Geography, English Literature, Psychology, Business and many more. A conventional portfolio is not our sole concern when we look at applications. We’re interested the range of your creative and intellectual pursuits, your experiences, and how you communicate.
So, if you've achieved well at school or college, your passion for design is strong, and you want to stretch your mind, then Reading may be exactly right for you.
"The BA Graphic Communication degree gave me much more than just the key skills for a career in design. It was an unforgettable three years."
Teaching, community and professional practice
At Reading we’re committed to offering you a stimulating experience of design, from the many ways we teach, to the community of endeavour you’ll join, to the professional practice you can take part in.
- Learn through teaching that is stimulating, diverse and flexible – find out how you'll learn
- Join a vibrant and supportive community of design – read about our facilities and learning spaces
- Gain work experience while you study – read about professional practice and placement opportunities
- Encounter new cultures and diversify your portfolio – read about our study abroad opportunities
- Get prepared for professional life – find out about careers for our graduates
Come to an Open Day
Get a real feel for university life, meet our staff and students, join hands-on sessions, and explore our facilities.