Accessibility navigation

Employee self-service - update your records

employee self service

Employee Self-Service enables you to update your personal details on your HR record, to access payroll information such as payslips and P60s or to book and log training events.  It is also the way of keeping your details correct in the staff directory in the staff portal. By doing this, it helps us to ensure that your details are accurate, up-to-date and complete.  You can check your record at any time by logging in to Employee Self Service which is currently available on all our main campuses, with your University username and password.  Early in 2015, we will be extending access to this service from mobile devices and from outside of campus.

Updating Personal details

While using Employee Self-Service you can check our record of your ‘sensitive' personal details - these are your protected characteristics such as ethnic origin, nationality and whether you consider yourself to be disabled. The University has an obligation to record such data, and also a commitment to diversity; your assistance with ensuring that we have a complete record would be greatly appreciated.  The data collected is used anonymously as part of a number of annual data returns to external bodies such as HESA and the Office of National Statistics.

You may also wish to check your recorded address details, telephone numbers, emergency contacts and next of kin information.

Learning records

You may have already used the ‘Learning' section of Employee Self-Service to book places on training courses.  You can use this section to add a record of your qualifications, and, using the ‘Personal Learning Account' section, to provide details of any external training courses you have attended. This is a valuable opportunity to keep your continuing professional development record up to date for PDR's and applications for promotion, recognition and reward, for example though the FLAIR CPD Scheme.   Any course that you book through Employee Self Service will automatically be saved on your learning record to make this as easy as possible.

Payslips and P60s

If you already receive your payslip electronically, you can access backdated copies through Employee Self-Service.   If you were paid by the University before April 2014, you can also access your most recent P60 there too.  You can email it to yourself for safe keeping or print a copy.  If you are not receiving your payslip electronically and you would like to just log in to Employee Self Service through the link and navigate to the Payroll Tab. Enter your email address and choose a password to activate this convenient service.

If you need assistance

You can update much of your HR record directly through Employee Self-Service.  There are, however, some details which make up your personal record, such as Marital Status and Nationality, which you can view but not directly update.  If any of this information is out-of-date, or incorrect, please contact the HR Operations team ( for further advice and assistance.


Page navigation

Search Form

Main navigation