"A student-focused determined and well-organised placement team to provide as much support as possible to help finding the right student for mutual benefit."
Mars Food UK
Placements to suit different career paths
The diversity of employers we work with means that we can find relevant placements for most food-related career paths. Your placement will come in the third year of a four year programme.
Make a name for yourself in the industry and gain crucial experience
- We have a history of placements with world famous brands such as Allied Bakeries, Mars Food, Nestle, Marks & Spencer, Hovis and more
- Support from world-leading academics before and during placements
- Increased chances of a job offer if your placement is successful
The best way into the world of food and nutrition
There aren't many careers where your first industrial experience will come with complete training and the backing of a world-leading institution. Our stature in the world of food and nutritional sciences means that companies are happy to work with us - there are literally more companies interested in our students than there are students to place. We'll help to find the right placement and give you training and support.
You will receive world-class support
- Dedicated help finding the right placement from our Placement Co-ordinator
- Comprehensive CV preparation and application skill learning
- A chance to meet major companies at a dedicated careers fair
- Writing to your preferred companies on your behalf and arranging interviews
- Ensuring that employers have a suitable programme of work ready for you
- Making sure that placements adhere to the Department's Code of Practice
“I didn't have any problems but I felt that if I had had a problem then I could have contacted someone easily and my tutor would have helped me. I was in constant communication with them and the support was there if I needed it.”
Find out more about placements
Would you like to find out more about the placement process and how it will fit into your time here at Reading? Get in touch with us to discuss!