News and Events
- Student-centred innovation wins IoE team highly competitive honour
- IoE’s Dr Maria Kambouri-Danos wins prestigious and competitive University Teaching Fellowship
- “How lucky we are to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” Unique Theatre Arts, Education & Deaf Studies programme completes a 32 year history with a celebratory swansong.
- The unique Theatre Arts, Education & Deaf Studies (TAEDS) BA for deaf-hearing integrated student cohorts completes a 32 year history with a celebratory swansong.
- At the annual student teacher Research Conference, there was an astonishing range of talent and also a fair hint of nostalgia
- Postgraduate Initial Teacher Education and Training + Undergraduate education information events
- BA Education Studies Visit Days for offer holders
- Undergraduate Open Days
- Master's and Doctorate in Education (EdD) Open Evenings at the Institute of Education
- Newly Qualified Teachers (NQT) Annual Conference date announced: 24 January 2019. More information to follow.
Our home is the historic London Road campus of the University of Reading. It is vibrant, exciting and centrally placed, being near to London, Heathrow Airport and other transport hubs. Our visitors enjoy our beautiful cloisters and green quadrangle. Our buildings, while historic, are entirely renovated to suit a modern educational environment.
Our lecture series, Get Into Teaching sessions, NQT events, Music evenings, Stargazing nights, book signings and meet-the-author occasions are always popular and immensely enjoyable. Bookmark this page to have direct access to Open Days, Open Evenings, public lectures, concerts, art exhibitions and professional development events we host at beautiful London Road.
Postgraduate Initial Teacher Training events
Twilight information meetings, covering all routes into teaching for Early Years, Primary and Secondary Postgraduate programmes, are held at the Institute of Education.
BUILDING & ROOM
LONDON ROAD CAMPUS
|Future events TBC||Usually 16:00 - 17:00|
Or for any further information please email us:
Although not an application requirement, we do recommend that all those wishing to apply for Initial Teacher Training attend one of these open meetings where there is an opportunity to find out:
- General information about training to become a teacher
- Information about the School Direct and University PGCE programmes
- Structure of courses
- Entry requirements, deadlines and how to apply
Throughout the presentations, there are opportunities to ask questions.
Information Evenings at our Partnership Schools
Information Evenings held at our Partnership schools will be advertised on this page - please make sure you contact the schools for information on these events.
UPCOMING EDUCATION EVENTS
Undergraduate education events
Information sessions covering our BA in Children's Development and Learning, our Foundation Degree and our new BA Education Studies, which focuses on a wide range of careers with an educational influence. These dates will be published shortly, but please do also visit our Open Days section, below.
Early Years events
Taster sessions at Partner Colleges for the Foundation Degree in Children's Development and Learning:
Future dates to be confirmed shortly.
For any further information please email us:
- future dates will be announced here at the appropriate time.
We hold Visit Days for prospective students who have applied to this course and other non-interview courses at the University of Reading and have been offered a place. You will get the opportunity to meet your future tutors and current students and will be invited to a VIP lunch.
Come to our Undergraduate Open Days and explore our beautiful campus, meet students and lecturers from all our courses, see our accommodation, and enjoy talks and taster lectures
- 6 October 2018
- 13 October 2018
For more information on our Undergraduate Open Days, please visit our Open Days webpage.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Date to be confirmed but will be tied to the Autumn Open Days - Master's Lunch (as part of wider Open Day), 12pm - 4.30pm
Join one of our small scale, friendly master's and PGCert SENCo information evenings, which usually run from 4pm - 6pm. Refreshments provided. If you wish to join an event or be placed on a list for future events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you know you can achieve your Master's in Education whilst working full time?
Our master's programme will enhance your skills, deepen your knowledge and equip you to develop your career in the way that works best for you. Our highly regarded MA Education programme is available part-time to meet the needs of busy professionals. Taught modules can be taken singularly or as part of an award-bearing course and you may be able to transfer PGCE credits.
Join us at Institute of Educations to attend one of our Masters at the Institute of Education evenings and learn more.
To sign up to our invitation list, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you to an evening of discussion and friendly advice, where you can ask questions and find out more about our programmes from the people who teach them.
The Institute of Education Public Lecture Series
The Institute of Education is delighted to present its well-regarded annual series of occasional public lectures, given by visiting academics and University of Reading Professors on a range of topics that affect the world of education today. This thoughtful and inspirational lecture series aims to explore the important issues around teaching today. Many thanks to our supporters for making this lecture series possible. Please check back here for up-to-date information on upcoming lectures when available.
Although admission is free, it is essential to book. Bookmark this page to keep updated or sign up to our invitation list: firstname.lastname@example.org.