News and Events
- Rowing with Olympians: trainee teacher represents Team GB while studying.
- New IoE film released
- Helen Bilton – Westminster Forum: Next steps for early years education
- Universal Voices – Bringing singing to all children
- Teresa Wilson – on publishing ‘How to Develop Partnerships with Parents.’
- Postgraduate teacher training information events
- Undergraduate open days
- Master's and PGCERT Senco open events
- General information about training to become a teacher
- Information about the School Direct and University PGCE programmes
- Structure of courses
- Entry requirements, deadlines and how to apply.
This page gives you information on Open Days, Teacher Training events, public lectures, concerts, art exhibitions and professional development events we host.
Information events, covering all routes into teaching for Early Years, Primary and Secondary Postgraduate programmes.
Although not an application requirement, we do recommend that all those wishing to apply for Initial Teacher Training attend one of these events where there is an opportunity to find out:
Throughout the presentations, there are opportunities to ask questions.
BUILDING & ROOM
LONDON ROAD CAMPUS
|Monday 1 April 2019||16:00||Learning Hub, Building LO24|
|Monday 13 May 2019||16:00||Learning Hub, Building LO24|
|Monday 3 June 2019||16:00||Learning Hub, Building LO24|
|Monday 1 July 2019||16:00||Learning Hub, Building LO24|
Or for any further information please email us:
Numeracy Skills Workshops
All trainee teachers, including those applying for Early Years Teacher Status and School Direct, have to pass the professional skills tests in numeracy.
We offer workshops to help you with your numeracy professional skills test.
Join us at one of our master's and PGCert SENCo information evenings, which usually run from 16:00 - 18:00.
If you wish to join an event or be placed on a list for future events, please email email@example.com.
Monday 13 May 2019
Monday 8 July 2019
Come to our Undergraduate Open Days and explore our beautiful campus, meet students and lecturers from all our courses, see our accommodation, and enjoy talks and taster lectures.
- Friday 21 June
- Saturday 22 June
- Saturday 5 October
- Saturday 12 October
Mentor conference - making mentoring work
- Thursday 20 June 2019, 10am - 4pm
Keynote 1: 'The Affective Mentor' - Dr Rachel Roberts (University of Reading)
Keynote 2: 'Creating a legacy; mentoring for a thriving profession' - Prof Rachel Lofthouse (CollectivED, Leeds Beckett University)
Further details and booking information to follow.