News and Events
- Helen Bilton – Westminster Forum: Next steps for early years education
- Universal Voices – Bringing singing to all children
- Teresa Wilson – on publishing ‘How to Develop Partnerships with Parents.’
- Student-centred innovation wins IoE team highly competitive honour
- Dr Maria Kambouri-Danos wins prestigious Fellowship
- Postgraduate teacher training information events
- Undergraduate open days
- Master's and PGCERT Senco open events
- TeachMeet event
- General information about training to become a teacher
- Information about the School Direct and University PGCE programmes
- Structure of courses
- Entry requirements, deadlines and how to apply.
Our home is the historic London Road campus of the University of Reading.
This page gives you information on Open Days, Teacher Training events, public lectures, concerts, art exhibitions and professional development events we host.
Information events, covering all routes into teaching for Early Years, Primary and Secondary Postgraduate programmes.
Although not an application requirement, we do recommend that all those wishing to apply for Initial Teacher Training attend one of these events where there is an opportunity to find out:
Throughout the presentations, there are opportunities to ask questions.
BUILDING & ROOM
LONDON ROAD CAMPUS
|Monday 3 December 2018||4pm||Learning Hub, Building LO24|
|Monday 7 January 2019||4pm||Learning Hub, Building LO24|
|Monday 4 February 2019||4pm||Learning Hub, Building LO24|
|Monday 4 March 2019||4pm||Learning Hub, Building LO24|
|Monday 1 April 2019||4pm||Learning Hub, Building LO24|
|Monday 13 May 2019||4pm||Learning Hub, Building LO24|
|Monday 3 June 2019||4pm||Learning Hub, Building LO24|
|Monday 1 July 2019||4pm||Learning Hub, Building LO24|
Or for any further information please email us:
Come to our Undergraduate Open Days and explore our beautiful campus, meet students and lecturers from all our courses, see our accommodation, and enjoy talks and taster lectures.OPEN DAY BOOKINGS INFORMATION CLICK HERE
Master's visit afternoons:
- Wednesday 14 November 2018, 12 - 4pm
- Wednesday 20 February 2019, 12 - 4pm
Join us at one of our master's and PGCert SENCo information evenings, which usually run from 4pm - 6pm. Refreshments provided.
If you wish to join an event or be placed on a list for future events, please email email@example.com.
Monday 28 January 2019
Monday 13 May 2019
Monday 8 July 2019
An opportunity to share best practice amongst mentors with a view to improving the School B experience. Suitable for all mentors and ITTCos, both School Direct and core, new and experienced.
Tuesday 4 December 2018, 4 - 6pm
The Institute of Education Public Lecture Series
The Institute of Education is delighted to present occasional public lectures, given by visiting academics and University of Reading Professors on a range of topics that affect the world of education today.
Please check back here for up-to-date information on upcoming lectures.
Please note: Although admission is free, it is essential to book. Sign up to our invitation list: firstname.lastname@example.org.