Have you ever wondered what happened to your fellow students? Do you wonder where they are now and what they are doing? Well, why not organise your own reunion to bring them all together to find out!
Reading alumni organise their own events every year, from informal reunions with friends to full-scale dinners. It is a fantastic way to reconnect and reminisce with old friends, colleagues and classmates. If you are thinking about organising your own alumni event and are unsure of how to go about doing so, we are here to help. We in the Alumni Office love to hear memories about the University in times gone by.
How we can help you
Although every reunion is unique, we can help with the administration and organisation which is always required. We can:
- directly contact relevant alumni to inform by email or post (provided we have their contact details).
- promote your reunion more generally on our social media channels, events bulletins and our e-newsletter, eConnected.
- add your reunion to our events listings.
- organise tours of the campuses, and even halls of residence (if available).
- provide materials from your years at the University (photographs, copies of student newspapers, if available)
- organise tours of departments (if available)
- provide a discounted rate at the University's onsite B&B, The Cedars Hotel.
- provide a discounted rate on a number of venues on campus, including RUSU.
- take photographs at the event.
We are also more than happy to discuss your wider plans for your reunion and advise on places to eat and stay in Reading, places to visit, access to the Students' Union and even transport.
We realise the thought of planning and organising an event can seem daunting so we have put together a checklist to take you through every step of the planning process and to help you to deliver a successful event.
How you can help us
After your reunion has taken place, please do send us any pictures and write-ups of the day; we would love to place these on our website and our social media feeds for other alumni and supporters to read. We can also publish them in our e-newsletter and our annual magazine, Connected.
Much of what we do at the Campaigns and Supporter Engagement Office relies on correct and accurate data. Although we do our best to maintain accurate and up-to-date records, we often lose contact with our alumni and supporters over the years, often due to relocation or the changing of email addresses and phone numbers; sadly, if details have lapsed, we will not be able to make contact if there is an relevant reunion or a event. If you have the contact details of alumni or supporters which we have lost, please do let us know, so we can keep them informed of upcoming events, benefits and activities.