Mills & Boon

The Harlequin Mills & Boon Archive consists of the editorial correspondence of both John Boon and Alan Boon, script registers, publicity material and some administrative records. It covers the period 1910-2008 (with the bulk of the records covering 1924-1975).

The publishing firm of Mills & Boon was founded by Gerald Mills and Charles Boon in 1908. In 1971 the firm was purchased by Harlequin Enterprises Limited of Toronto. The official name of the firm is now Harlequin, Mills & Boon, but the imprint Mills & Boon is still used.

The Special Collections Service also acquired a large proportion of the back catalogue of Mills & Boon books. This collection is currently uncatalogued, but a project to list the books is in progress.

An exhibition of material from this collection was held at the Special Collections Service, 8 January-28 February 2013.

More information

  • The archive is catalogued and appears on Enterprise or download a pdf here (469 KB)

  •  Archive reference: MB

  • A partial listing of the Mills & Boon books is available.

  • A full description is available on our online database
literature, publishing history correspondence, business records, art works Y Mills & Boon

Page navigation


Search Form

A-Z lists