Reading in the news - Tue 9 Aug
09 August 2022
#PlanetPartners: working with global partners to protect the environment
- Professor Richard Allan (Meteorology) is quoted by ITV News (online), Independent, Daily Mail, Evening Standard, Aol., The National News, Yahoo!, Western Mail (in print), Oxford Mail, Daily Echo, The National, Belfast Telegraph, The Bolton News, The Standard, News and Star, The Press, Glasgow Times, News Break and more than a hundred other outlets on the impact of climate change on the intensity of droughts.
- Professor Nigel Arnell (Meteorology) was interviewed by BBC World News on the passing of the US Climate Bill.
- Professor Hannah Cloke (Geography/Meteorology) is quoted by the Huffington Post, Yahoo!, Public News Time, and others on the UK's heatwaves as a wake-up call about the climate emergency; and by i News on the changing definition of UK heatwaves.
- PhD researcher Maureen Wanzala (Geography/Environmental Science) was quoted by BBC Radio Wiltshire on the drying up of the source of the River Thames.
- Professor Tom Oliver (Biological Sciences) was interviewed by BBC Radio Berkshire on the impact of the drought on UK wildlife.
- Professor Ed Hawkins (Meteorology) is quoted by Express Informer on the impact of climate change on more intense heatwaves.
- PhD student Chloe Brimicombe (Geography/Walker Institute) is quoted by Express Informer on the importance of adapting to the heat waves with nature-based solutions and cooling action plans.
- Yale Climate Connections reports on Dr Stephen Burt's (Meteorology) research on UK tropical nights that come alongside heatwaves.
- BBC Radio Berkshire, BBC Radio Wiltshire, and Football Trade Directory report on Professor Ed Hawkins' (Meteorology) climate stripes which are on Reading gas-powered busses and on Reading FC's new home kit. Read about Reading FC's kit. Read about the bus launch.
- Professor Paul Williams (Meteorology) was interviewed on NBAA's podcast about his research on the impact of climate change on flight turbulence.
- Dr Gillian Rose (Agriculture) is quoted by The Epoch Times on the importance of thinking outside the box in the farming industry.
- Further coverage of research led by Dr David Field (Psychology) on the benefits of Vitamin B6 for mental health in America over the radio, and online by Natural News and News R. Read our news story.
- Stratford-Upon-Avon Herald reports on the University Men’s Quadruple Sculls team's performance at Henley Regatta. Read our news story.
- Food Processing reports on the University's collaborative development of a low-calorie sweetener that also improves gut health.
- Fast Company reports on Henley Business School's research on the benefits of the four-day work week.