The Council has responsibility for overseeing risk management within the University.
Risk Management Process
The University has a Risk Management Policy in place. The Policy outlines the University's underlying approach to Risk management and the procedures in place for the annual review of effectiveness. The Risk Management Policy also outlines the role of key stakeholders such as:
- The Council and the Audit Committee;
- University Executive Board;
- Risk Management Group; and
- Senior Managers and the Heads of School/Functions.
Internal Audit Responsibilities
Align the annual Internal Audit programme to the University’s Corporate Risk register through an annual risk assessment process.
Internal Audit reports include an independent assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the University's system of internal control and risk management in line with OfS requirements.
Provide the Risk Management Group with select Internal Audit reports relevant to risk management.
- Email: Whistleblowing Hotline
- Telephone: +44 (0)118 378 6353