Strategic Project Development
Our three main remits are to:
- coordinate the master planning strategy of development across all campuses, including residential, academic and commercial properties
- carry out feasibility studies on key development opportunities
- integrate infrastructure development in line with the estates master plan strategy.
Key parts of our work are:
- liaison with local planning authorities
- assessment of the academic and strategic requirements and statistics
- regard to conservation areas and SSSIs
- working with space and strategy to ensure a coordinated solution.
Working alongside the project management team, this unit interfaces between the very early stages of estate strategy and the practical delivery of projects.
Whiteknights Estate Strategy
We have recently issued the new Estates Strategy for the University of Reading, which sets out our vision for future development up until 2026. Find out more.
Alternatively, the existing Whiteknights development plan, submitted in 2008, sets out proposals for a number of important projects over a ten year period. Click here for more information.
Contact Dorothy Hague
Head of Strategic Project Development
0118 378 6054