When and where to enrol in person
For most Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught courses, induction sessions will run Monday 18- Friday 22 September, with teaching commencing from Monday 25 September.
In order to be able to access these important Welcome activities beginning from Monday 18 September, you should complete the final stage of your enrolment in-person on campus in Reading by the end of Sunday 17 September. If you arrive in Reading after Sunday 17 September please complete your in-person enrolment as soon as possible. If you will be arriving in Reading after Friday 22 September, please follow the instructions for late arrivals.
Main Enrolment Period for all students:
- Thursday 14 September- Wednesday 20 September: 9:30am-4.30pm: Palmer Building (inclusive of weekend)
- Thursday 21 and Friday 22 September: 10am-4pm: Palmer Building
- Saturday 23 and Sunday 24 September: Enrolment Closed
Download a map of Whiteknights campus where your in-person enrolment activities will take place.
What to expect
- At In-person enrolment you will have an ID check done. If you are a non UK/Irish national you will also have your permission to study in the UK check done, this is usually done by checking your visa or Immigration permission documents. We may also have to take a copy for your record.
- Once you ID & visa check is completed, providing all online enrolment sections have been completed you can then collect your University of Reading Campus Card
- The next step will be to log back into your RISIS portal to collect you University username. Once you have your University user name, you will then be able to use this to access Wi-Fi, University email account, your academic timetable (when available).
- If you have any questions after completing In-Person enrolment in the Palmer Building, please ask one of our Student Ambassadors or ask at the Information Point in the entrance area in Palmer.