Science, Health & Environment Careers Fair
02 - 04 February 2021
The University of Reading’s Science, Health & Environment Careers Fair 2021 is part of our Science, Health & Environment Week and will take place virtually between Tuesday 02 February - Thursday 04 February. Whether you have graduate, placement or vacation roles to promote or just want to promote your organisation and industry, we would welcome your participation.
We are a global University that enjoys a world-class reputation for teaching, research and enterprise. Entry requirements for the vast majority of first degree programmes are A-levels at A or B grade. See a full list of the courses offered at Reading.
How will it work?
The fair will be run virtually. There will be two main elements to the event:
1. Employer panels and Q&A (02 & 03 February): You will be given a short slot (around 10 minutes) within a webinar to explain the opportunities at your organisation. The length of the webinar or panel may vary but we anticipate them lasting approximately 60 minutes. Panels will be scheduled at 13:00, 17:00 & 18:30 on both days to avoid key teaching time.
Panels will be designed based on bookings received. Please provide as much availability as possible to allow us to create a suitable programme of events. Training will be provided for our webinar platform which is very straightforward to use.
2. Students will be able to book 10-minute telephone or video appointments with you between 10:00 - 17:00 on 04 February. They will be able to book these via our event app, Careers Fair Plus. When booking appointments, students will be asked to give some detail regarding what they want to talk about and provide a telephone number. You will be asked to log into the app and set up a schedule to suit your availability and you will be able to add your colleagues too if you wish. Full instructions and support will be provided.
The event is free of charge and includes:
- Promotion of your organisation and roles on Careers Fair Plus;
- Employer 1:1 Chats (telephone/video appointment booking system on Careers Fair Plus);
- Participation in a webinar designed to reach your target audience;
- A recording of your webinar session made available to students post-event.
For information on sponsorship packages please get in contact with the Employer Engagement Team firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to participate in this event, please follow the steps below using our online portal, My Jobs Online.
- If your organisation is already registered on MyJobsOnline, please log in and complete the booking request form
- If your organisation is not registered on MyJobsOnline, or you do not know the log in details, please register. Your organisation will be approved by a member of the Careers team, after which you will need to complete the booking request form.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch by email or telephone 0118 378 8357.