Built Environment Careers Fair
9-11 November 2020
We are a global University that enjoys a world-class reputation for teaching, research and enterprise and the School of the Built Environment is an internationally recognised centre of excellence for teaching and research in the built environment.
This fair mainly attracts students from the School of the Built Environment but is also open to the School of Archaeology, Geography and Environmental Science to seek opportunities within the construction industry. Also, we had our first Architecture students graduate in 2019, so we are also seeking architectural firms to attend. Places are competitive and we prioritise firms who already have established links with the School of the Built Environment.
Adjusting to current challenges, the fair will be run virtually. There will be two main elements to the event:
- Students will be able to book 10-minute telephone appointments with you between 10:00-17:00 on 11th November. They will be able to book these via our app, Careers Fair Plus. When booking appointments, students will be asked to give some detail regarding what they want to talk about and provide a telephone number. When you book, please supply the names and email addresses of the available staff and we will create a call schedule for each. These can be amended at a later date.
- Employer webinars and Q&A These will last up to 45 minutes (30 minutes presenting and up to 15 minutes for Q&A). They will be supported by a dedicated webinar assistant. Employer webinars will be scheduled between 9-10 November. Please provide your full availability to allow us to create a suitable programme of events. Training will be provided for our webinar platform which is very straightforward to use.
We are delighted to offer the following packages (prices excluding VAT):
Bronze package (£100, limited to 4 organisations):
- Your employer profile on Careers Fair Plus.
- 1:1 Employer Chats (telephone appointment booking system on Careers Fair Plus).
Silver package (£190):
- Bronze package plus...
- A webinar about your organisation with Q&A and a dedicated webinar assistant provided by us.
- The webinar recording will be added to our event website post event.
Gold package (£230):
- Silver package plus...
- Your company specifically named and promoted in pre-event tailored email marketing. You specify a target group up to 1000 students.
- A targeted email after the fair to identified cohort including your webinar recording.
- Outreach stand on campus on a non-fair date (if in line with government advice at the time).
- Your organisation’s banner ad on the app, highlighting your organisation in the employer list.
Platinum package (£1000):
*Limited to 2 organisations*
- Gold package plus...
- Being a featured employer on the Careers Fair Plus app. Your organisation will appear at the top of the app on a rotational basis.
- Your company’s logo will be on our event banner, used on the Careers webpage and careers staff email signatures.
- An additional webinar or workshop in the Spring term about your organisation.
- An employability skills session run by you for our students on a non-fair date.
- A blog post written by your organisation on our careers blog.
- You will be named as event sponsors on our website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- You can feature in our ‘prepare for the fair’ video series for students.
Free spaces are given at the discretion of the careers centre for charities or not-for-profit organisations. Please request if this applies to be considered.
Please complete the booking request form by no later than Monday 19 October 2020. Early booking is advised to secure your space and bookings will be closed when we reach capacity.
If you would like to request a space at the fair, please follow the steps below using our online portal, MyJobsOnline.
- If your organisation is already registered on MyJobsOnline, please log in and complete the booking request form.
- If your organisation is not registered on MyJobsOnline, or you do not know the log in details, please register. Your organisation will be approved by a member of the Careers team, after which you will need to complete the booking request form.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch by email or telephone Becca King, 0118 378 5805.
Please note if you are a new employer this is a TWO STEP PROCESS – registering on our system does not send us a booking request for this event. You must register for events via the process described in step 1.