Built Environment Careers Fair
9-11 November 2021
We are a global University that enjoys a world-class reputation for teaching, research and enterprise and the School of the Built Environment is an internationally recognised centre of excellence for teaching and research in the built environment.
This fair mainly attracts students from the School of the Built Environment but is also open to the School of Archaeology, Geography and Environmental Science to seek opportunities within the construction industry. We had our first Architecture students graduate in 2019, so we are also seeking architectural firms to attend. Places are competitive and we prioritise firms who already have established links with the School of the Built Environment.
The fair will be run virtually. There will be two main elements to the event:
- Employer webinars/panels and Q&A 9-10 November. These will be between 45-90 minutes including Q&A, dependent on the number of employers participating. They will be supported by a dedicated webinar assistant. Please provide your full availability to allow us to create a suitable programme of events.
Panels will be given a topic of discussion e.g.
- Application tips for your career in the Built Environment.
- What to expect from a graduate scheme in the Built Environment sector.
- Company culture: enjoy working in the Built Environment industry.
This will be an opportunity to contribute towards the discussion topic as well as promoting your organisation and positions available.
- 1:1 Calls 11 November 11:00-15:30 (Optional).
We are delighted to offer the following packages (prices excluding VAT):
Silver package (£190):
- Your employer profile on Careers Fair Plus.
- Participation in a panel discussion webinar with Q&A and a dedicated webinar assistant provided by us.
- The webinar recording will be added to our event website post event.
- Option of 1:1 calls on 11 November.
Gold package (£230):
- Silver package plus...
- Choice of being part of a sector panel or hosting your own webinar.
- Your company specifically named and promoted in pre-event tailored email marketing. You specify a target group up to 1000 students.
- A targeted email after the fair to identified cohort including your webinar recording.
- Outreach stand on campus on a non-fair date (if in line with government advice at the time).
- Your organisation’s banner ad on the app, highlighting your organisation in the employer list.
Platinum package (£1000):
*Limited to 2 organisations*
- Gold package plus...
- Being a featured employer on the Careers Fair Plus app. Your organisation will appear at the top of the app on a rotational basis.
- Your company’s logo will be on our event banner, used on the Careers webpage and careers staff email signatures.
- An additional webinar or workshop in the Spring term about your organisation.
- An employability skills session run by you for our students on a non-fair date.
- A blog post written by your organisation on our careers blog.
- You will be named as event sponsors on our website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn group).
Free spaces are given at the discretion of the Careers Centre for charities or not-for-profit organisations. Please request if this applies to be considered.
Please complete the booking request form by no later than Monday 18 October 2021. Early booking is advised to secure your space and bookings will be closed when we reach capacity.
If you would like to request a space at the fair, please follow the steps below using our online portal, MyJobsOnline.
- If your organisation is already registered on MyJobsOnline, please log in and complete the booking request form.
- If your organisation is not registered on MyJobsOnline, or you do not know the log in details, please register your organisation. Your organisation will be approved by a member of the Careers team, after which you will need to complete the booking request form.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch by email or telephone Becca King, 0118 378 5805.
Please note if you are a new employer this is a TWO STEP PROCESS – registering on our system does not send us a booking request for this event. You must register for events via the process described in step 1.