Did you know that Business and Finance is one of the most popular career sectors for Reading students? This is a rewarding area of work open to students from a large range of degree backgrounds.
There are many different business roles such as working in finance, HR, IT, marketing *, public relations (PR), media, consultancy. There is a great variety of Finance roles such as accountancy, professional services, banking, insurance, investment.
The majority of large organisations offer business management jobs to graduates. These roles span a range of sectors such as not for profits, public sector and commercial organisations. There are also opportunities to work in small and medium sized enterprises.
Prospects details many of the main graduate employers in the Finance sector including the “big four” accountancy and professional services firms, retail banks and building societies, investment banks, and insurers.
For more detailed information on specific job areas try:
• Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
• Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
• Financial Conduct Authority | FCA
• Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI)
Taking things further
Book a one to one discussion with a Careers Consultant to talk about any areas that interest you and get advice on jobs, how to develop your CV and what steps you can take next.