Callmy Alert emergency messaging app
As part of our continuing investment into making our campuses safe places to work and study, we have launched a mass notification app Callmy Alert.
Callmy Alert app is free to download in Apple, Android and Windows app stores and will enable us to alert our students and staff about any significant threats to safety on campus. This might be a major fire, toxic chemical or gas leak or terrorism related incident. Should such an incident occur, you will receive a simple message, in real time, informing you where the incident is and which areas or buildings to avoid. Firearms or weapons attacks on UK campuses are rare, but the app will help you stay safe.
This app complements the recommended Police advice of Run, Hide, Tell. Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with the guidance.
The system updates continuously and covers all of the University estate so if you are in a classroom or on the move, it will help keep you safe.
To download the app, visit the app store relevant to your device, or visit the Callmy website. After installation there is a simple verification process to follow and you'll need to add the group name UoRalert.
The app will not access your contacts, share your data or offer in-app purchases and you will not receive spam from it. You will receive periodic test messages so it is worth checking that to make sure everything is working properly.
If you have any questions, please contact the Security team at email@example.com or on 0118 378 7799.
Download the MyWay app which has lots of safety features to help you feel safer walking home.
How MyWay helps you:
- look ahead and see which streets are well-lit, how many people are on the streets, and whether anybody has reported any recent incidents.
- automatically send an SMS to anyone you choose to say you got home safely after a night out.
- look after each other by sharing your location on the map with friends. (You can easily turn location sharing off)
- lost your way? Use the 'Take Me Home' button to show walking or bus directions back to your home, from wherever you are.
- report a situation on the app so that others can see it and decide whether to avoid the area
Download the MyWay app