- Be aware of other road users – cyclists, vehicles and pedestrians
- Focus on where you’re going – avoid wearing headphones or texting on your mobile whilst moving around campus
- Walk on pathways wherever possible and use designated crossings
- Never swim, skate or boat on the lake at Whiteknights or the river at Greenlands.
After dark, we recommend:
- Not walking alone at night
- Sticking to well-lit routes
- Consider using the Security Services’ ‘Chaperone Service’
- Please stick to the roads and only bike on footpaths where there is no alternative
- Remember, pedestrians have priority on footpaths and may not see or hear you coming
- Make sure you have good lights and wear something high viz so that other road users can see you, especially in the dark
- Obey all road safety signs, including speed restrictions and no entry signs.
- Never run electrical cables, power supplies for laptops and other personal electrical equipment across walkways or other places where people might trip over them
- If working or studying outside normal office hours, adhere to your school's Health and Safety Code and/or local rules.
At all times you must:
- Behave in a mature, safe and considerate manner both socially and in your studies
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure your own health and safety, and that of others
- Comply with all health and safety requirements (for example by attending any safety briefings)
- Never interfere with any equipment provided.
More information can be found in the Campus Code of Behaviour.