Teaching Fellow in French Language
Areas of Interest
- Technology assisted language teaching and learning;
- Language curriculum design and development;
- Ab initio language teaching and learning
Research groups / Centres
I am a member of:
- The Association for the Study of Modern and Contemporary France (ASMCF)
- The Society for the Study of French History (SSFH)
I am particularly interested in French intellectual history. My research is on modern and contemporary French thinkers and their modes of intervention in response to crisis and wars.
- I submitted my PhD thesis in October 2016. My thesis title is 'Changing modes of intervention of the French intellectual from 1945 to today; Sartre, Lévy, Hessel'.
- Master's degree in Teaching French as a Foreign Language (Université de Provence)
- PGCE in French and Spanish (University of Cumbria)
- ASMCF annual Conference, 6th September 2016, Aston University: Paper on "French intellectuals and new media: the democratization of engagement"
- The 30th SSFH annual Conference, 3rd-5th July 2016, University of Chichester: Paper on "High and low culture. Elite and popular constructions: the new French intellectual"
- ASMCF annual Conference, 9th-11th September 2014, University of Southampton: Paper on "Exploring the interventions of French intellectuals after the Sartre era: a return to the written word"