Windows 10 Upgrade
Have you received a device message like this? This means you can upgrade your computer to Windows 10:
- Connect to the University network with a cable. The upgrade can not take place over WiFi.
- Ensure the power cable is plugged in and the power is switched on.
- Detach any USB driven devices from the computer before upgrade. With the exception that the keyboard, mouse and Dynadock can be left connected to your computer.
- Consider upgrading overnight. It can take up to 4 hours to complete. Make sure you leave your computer in a secure location.
- Factor in around 30 minutes for the first log in after the upgrade has taken place.
- As a precaution, back up any important data before starting the upgrade.
Follow the guides below to prepare your computer for the upgrade and then complete the upgrade.
- Windows 10 Staff Upgrade - Preparation Checklist
- Windows 10 Staff Upgrade - Accessing Software Center
(the above guides require a login)
Want to know what's new in Windows 10? We have provided start guides for people new to working with Windows 10: