Our website aims to provide the answers to most of your health and safety queries. Here you can find:
- how to contact Health and Safety Services
- the University Health and Safety Policy
- guidance on a wide range of topics
- A to Z of guidanceto find what you need quickly
- details of training courses that Health and Safety Services provide.
Anyone with a health and safety problem connected with their work should discuss it with their immediate supervisor in the first instance. Advice will also be available from your . Where matters cannot be resolved locally, or you need further advice, please contact the most appropriate member of the Health and Safety Services team. You can also email email@example.com, phone our office or call in for a chat.
Health and Safety Services reports to the University Secretary, as part of the Governance Directorate. We are responsible for:
- developing health and safety policies, procedures and management arrangements to assist the University in meeting its statutory obligations;
- monitoring health and safety performance through auditing and regular liaison with Schools/ Directorates;
- reporting to the University Health and Safety Committee, Senior Management Board and other committees as required;
- providing health and safety advice and support to members of the University, including specialist advice on radiation and biological safety, fire safety and statutory compliance relating to the built estate;
- providing general health and safety training;
- investigating any more serious incidents, providing advice on remedial actions, and analysis of incident statistics in order to advise on preventative intervention strategies.