Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 1999
1-5 March 1999: COMMITTEE - Fresh Fruits and Vegetables (8th Session)
Codex Committee on Fresh Fruits and Vegetables (8th Session)
Matters for Consideration by the Commission
Mexico City, Mexico, 1-5 March 1999
- Agreed to advance draft Codex Standards for Pineapples, Grapefruits and Longans to the 23rd Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission for adoption at Step 8;
- Agreed to advance Proposed Draft Codex Standards for Tiquisque (White and Lilac), Yellow Pitahayas and Papaya (revised) to the 23rd Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission for adoption at Step 8;
- Agreed to advance Proposed Draft Codex Standards for Asparagus, Oranges including the Guide for Use in Scoring Freezing Injury and Cape Gooseberry to the 23rd Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission for adoption at Step 5;
- Agreed to forward proposals to elaborate Codex standards for Apples, Table Grapes and Tomato,to the 23 rd Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission as new work;
- Agreed that two discussion papers concerning the Establishment of Size Tolerances and Definitions for Terms used in the Establishment of Fresh Produce Standards would be circulated for comments and information prior to the next Committee's session;
- Agreed that Section 8 Hygiene, in all standards under its consideration, should be amended in accordance with the decision taken at the 30th Session of the Codex Committee on Food Hygiene;
- Agreed to return Section 3 - Provisions concerning Sizing of the Draft Codex Standard for Grapefruits (Citrus paradisi) to Step 6 for further comments and consideration by the next session of the Committee, with a view to including the count code as another sizing method, account taken of current global trading practices and similar discussions in the UNECE.
- Agreed to return the Draft Code of Practice for the Quality Inspection and Certification of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables to Step 6 and its Proposed Draft Annex II on Inspection Site Requisites to Step 3 for government comments and consideration at the next Committee's Session, in a separate Circular Letter.
- Agreed to return the Proposed Draft Codex Standard for Cassava to Step 3 so that the Delegation of Costa Rica could redraft the text in the light of the changes made at the current session of CCFFV and circulate it again for comments at Step 3 in a separate Circular Letter.
- Agreed to amend Section 6.1 Consumer Packages of the Labelling Section in the Draft Codex Standard for Pineapples and to forward this decision to the Codex Committee on Food Labelling.
- Agreed to re-word Section 7 Contaminants in all standards under its consideration and to forward this decision to CCFAC and CCPR for endorsement.
- Noted that the Draft Codex Standards for Limes and Pummelos were held at Step 7, so that sections in square brackets may be considered and finalized by the next session of the Committee.
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.