Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 1998
5-8 May 1998: COMMITTEE - Europe (21st Session)
Summary Meeting Report
Codex Regional Coordinating Committee for Europe
Twenty-first Session, Madrid, 5-8 May 1998
- agreed to propose the revision of the Regional Standard for Mayonnaise as new work
- agreed to initiate the revision of the Regional Standard for Vinegar, as proposed by the Committee on Processed Fruits and Vegetables
- agreed that the Draft Regional Guidelines for Codex Contact Points and National Codex Committees prepared by the CCASIA could not be adopted in the Region
- agreed to pursue its activities on the exchange of information on food legislation and food control import and export matters
- agreed that coordination efforts should be pursued regarding technical assistance and training in the Region;
- agreed that the recommendations of the Commission to improve transparency in the decision-making process should be followed-up in Codex and in the proceedings of expert committees;
- agreed to draw the attention of the Committee on Food Labelling and the Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses to the importance of questions related to health and nutrition claims and the need to proceed with work in this area;
- reviewed the measures taken by governments to improve consumer participation in Codex work and related matters
- agreed to nominate Dr. Felipe Mittelbrunn Garcia (Spain) for appointment as Regional Coordinator by the 23rd Session of the Commission
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.