Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 1998
23-27 February 1998: COMMITTEE - Food Import and Export Inspection and Certification Systems (6th Session)
Summary Meeting Report
Codex Committee on Food Import and Export Inspection and Certification Systems
Sixth Session, Melbourne, Australia, 23-27 February 1998
- advanced Proposed Draft Guidelines for the Development of Equivalence Agreements regarding Food Import and Export Inspection and Certification Systems to the Executive Committee for preliminary adoption;
- elaborated Proposed Draft Guidelines/Recommendations for Food Import Control Systems;
- recommended the elaboration of proposed draft guidelines and criteria for official certificate formats, including rules relating to the production and issuance of certificates, to the Executive Committee;
- considered a revised discussion paper, subject to the advice of the Executive Committee, on issues relating to the judgement of equivalence at its next session;
- discontinued consideration of the development of a data base on rejections of foods for the time being;
- considerd a revised discussion paper on the development of guidelines for the utililization and promotion of quality
- assurance systems at its next session, and;
- considered a discussion paper on guidelines for the establishment of a data base on importing country legislation at its next session.
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.