Dr David Jukes, The University of
| ..... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
Food Law News - FAO / WHO / WTO / Codex - 2014
Codex Meeting Report, 14 November 2014
CODEX - Coordinating Committee For Latin America and the Caribbean: Report of 19th Session
The 19th Session of the FAO/WHO Coordinating Committee for Latin America and the Caribbean reached the following conclusions:
Matters for consideration by the 38th Session of the Codex Alimentarius Commission
- agreed on the need for revitalisation of RCCs and made a number of recommendations in this regard (para 44);
- agreed to request the Commission to encourage actions that favour the effective operation of committees and their electronic and physical working groups in the official languages of the Commission (para 135);
- agreed to recommend that Chile be appointed as Coordinator for Latin America and the Caribeean for a first term (para 139).
Other matters for information
- noted matters arising from the Codex Alimentarius Commission (para 7);
- noted FAO and WHO capacity building activities on food quality and safety within the Region including capacity development needs and the successor initiative for the Codex Trust Fund and made a number of comments and recommendations (paras 19, 25, 26);
- acknowledged the information submitted by member countries of the Region on food control systems, consumer participation in food standards setting and use of Codex standards at national level and made a number of comments and recommendations (paras 48, 51, 53);
- returned the proposed draft Regional Standard for Yacon for further development, comments and consideration at its next session (para 58);
- exchanged views on various topics of regional interest and took regional positions on some of them for consideration by subsidiary bodies of the Commission or member countries of the Region (paras 64, 68, 74, 75, 80, 84, 89, 94, 95, 99, 104, 110, 111, 112, 141, 145, 150, 155, 162, 167, 168, 175);
- noted the developments regarding the regional website and other online tools and made a number of comments and recommendations (para 124);
- noted the status on the implementation of the CCLAC Strategic Plan (paras 125-129).
A copy of the full report is available on the Codex website at: http://www.codexalimentarius.org/download/report/909/REP15_LACe.pdf
To go to main Foodlaw-Reading
Index page, click here.