Food Law News - FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex - 2000
11-15 December 2000
Codex Committee on Food Import and Export Inspection and Certification Systems (9th Session)
- Forwarded the draft Guidelines for Generic Official Certificate Formats and the Production and Issuance of Certificates to the Commission for final adoption;
- Forwarded the proposed draft Guidelines for Food Import Control Systems to the Commission for preliminary adoption;
- Returned the proposed draft Guidelines for the Utilization and Promotion of Quality Assurance Systems to Meet Requirements in Relation to Food for further revision and consideration at its next Session;
- Forwarded the proposed draft Guidelines for the Judgement of Equivalence of Sanitary Measures Associated with Food Inspection and Certification Systems to the Commission for final adoption;
- Returned the proposed draft Guidelines on the Judgement of Equivalence of Technical Regulations Associated with Food Inspection and Certification Systems for revision and consideration at its next Session;
- Assigned the revision of the Codex Guidelines for the Exchange of Information in Food Control Emergency Situations to include elements related to generic guidance and/or specific food emergency control plans to a drafting group under the direction of Australia;
- Decided not to pursue the elaboration of Guidelines for Food Export Control Systems at the current time, and;
- Decided to discuss the concept of "traceability" within the context of food inspection and certification systems at its next meeting.
To go to current FAO/WHO/WTO/Codex Food Law News page, click here.
To go to main Food Law Index page, click here.