Staff Profile:Professor Ian Hamley
- Position / Job Title:
- Areas of Interest:
- Research groups / Centres:
- Royal Society-Wolfson Research Merit award holder
- Diamond Professor of Physical Chemistry
- Joint theme leader, Nanoscience and Materials
- Prof Hamley's research interests are focussed on soft materials including polymers, colloids and biomaterials. Activities range from peptide and block copolymer synthesis through to physico-chemical characterisation of self-assembly mechanisms and structures in these and related systems and fabrication of nanostructured materials. He has a joint appointment with the Diamond synchrotron, where his group perform x-ray scattering experiments. He also uses other major facilities internationally for x-ray and neutron scattering experiments. He is joint theme leader of the University research activity on Nanoscience and Materials. See here for significant EPSRC grant income.