Certificates and transcripts

Replacement degree certificates for:

  • University of Reading

  • Henley Business School

  • Henley Management College

If you have lost your degree certificate or the original is damaged, we can issue a replacement for a cost of £40.

Please print and complete the replacement degree certificate form (PDF - 43KB) and post it to the Graduation Office. Alternatively, you can scan and email the form to us but it must be signed.

Payment can be made via the online payment system. If you pay online we must receive the completed and signed form above.

How long will the process take?

Please note that replacement certificates will usually be issued within three weeks of receiving your request form and payment but it can take longer during busy periods of the year. Any requests received on/after Wednesday 22 June will not be processed until after graduation and will be produced in the 3 weeks from Monday 11 July 2016.

How your name will appear

Replacement certificates are issued in what was your official name at the time of study. This should be either the name on the student record or the degree conferment/order of proceedings. Where a student has changed their name since graduating the new name cannot appear on the replacement certificate unless there are exceptional circumstances (e.g. gender reassignment)  where we reserve the right to amend this policy; legal proof would be required.

What the certificate will look like

The certificate may differ in style form the original. The signatories may have changed since the issue of the original.

I did not receive my certificate after graduation

Please contact us if you've not received your certificate six months after graduating. Please note that if you have not received your certificate and have not been in contact with us within two years of your graduation date, a replacement certificate charge will be applied.


All international certificates are sent via Royal Mail international recorded delivery. If students would like certificates to be sent via courier, they are welcome to organise this themselves. Please contact graduation@reading.ac.uk for further information.


Henley Management College Awards and Degrees before 1997

If you obtained your MBA or DBA before 1997, you will need to contact Brunel University. Their email address is: awarding@brunel.ac.uk.


Academic Transcripts / Statements

If you require a statement to confirm your attendance at the University, please contact Student Help: studenthelp@reading.ac.uk.

If you would like to a copy of your Academic Transcript, or more information, please visit the Academic Transcripts page.


Diploma Supplements

If you registered on a programme of study at the University after autumn 2004 and have since received an award, you should have received a 'diploma supplement'. Your diploma supplement contains your transcript together with contextual information about your programme and the UK Higher Education system, in a standard format which is shared across the EU.

Diploma supplements are managed by the Examinations Office. If you would like another copy or replacement of your Diploma Supplement, you can order this on their online store. If you require further information on Diploma Supplements, please visit the Examinations webpage.


Certified copies

If you need certified copies of your certificate, please email graduation@reading.ac.uk with your request. Please specify how many copies you require and provide your preferred postal address. You must include a scanned copy of your original certificate.



In some cases you may need to have documents ‘legalised’ by asking the UK government to confirm that a UK public official’s signature, seal or stamp on the document is genuine. Such a certification is called an apostille (internationally) or notorisation (domestically). This can be done online via the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

For further information, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised



Things to do now

Contact us

Page navigation

See also


Search Form

A-Z lists