Get tickets in advance via Eventbrite or buy on the door. Suitable for adults only.
||May 18th 2017
£4 ( �3 concessions & students) in advance. �5 ( � 3.75) on the door.
The Museum of English Rural Life, Redlands Road, Reading, RG1 5EX
See on Google maps
Join us for a lively evening of drinks, music, activities and talks on a digital theme!
Explore ideas for using digital technology in museums - and try out some cool stuff!
- Follow an Augmented Reality trail around the galleries (save time and download the Aurasma app before you get here)
- Get a 3D scan of your face & take away a file you can print (Limited availability - sign up individually or as a couple)
- Design a robot inspired by our collections and enter The MERL Robot competition
- Listen to sounds of the town and country on a Digital Soundmap of Reading by local sound artist Felicity Ford aka KnitSONIK
- See Inside Reading Abbey 360 project
- Find out how (& why!) The MERL Sensory Cow was created
- Try a Roman village VR experience - complete with smells - and take a virtual tour of Ancient Rome!
- Object handling - compare the real thing and 3D printed versions
- Meet Reading Hackspace volunteers and their Eggbot!
- Take part in a digital museum hack & share your ideas for digital projects at The MERL & Reading Museum
Join students from the University of Reading's ArtLab to:
- Create a keepsake using a 3D pen
- Find out about 3D scanning and printing, and watch museum objects being recreated
- littleBits electronics workshop
Pop-up gallery talks
Hear about exciting digital projects including:
- Virtual Rome
- Internet of Things
This event is part of #digiRDG: Town and Country, an Arts Council England funded project to transform digital engagement at The MERL and Reading Museum. Discover more at the event and find out how you can get involved.